Life Group CovenantLife Group Covenant
Session Dates _______________________ to __________________________
Leader(s) __________________________ Phone #: ____________________
Host(s) ____________________________ Phone #: ____________________
This covenant will help us discuss and clarify our goals, expectations, and commitments as a group. Since healthy groups thrive on trust and participation, a clear covenant is an important starting point toward a successful group experience.
Life Groups: Our Basic Purpose
Life Groups exist to promote the development of significant Christian relationships centered around the study of God's word (see Hebrews 10; 24 through 25; Romans 8:29).
Each week, we will take time to share what is happening in our lives. At first this sharing will include some planned "sharing questions." After the first few weeks, it will become more informal and personal as our group feels safer and more comfortable.
Each week will study a portion of God's word that relates to the previous weekend's sermon. Our goal is to learn how to apply and live out our Christianity in our day-to-day experiences and relationships.
Each week, we'll learn how to take care of one another as Christ commanded (see John 15:9-13). This care will take many forms, such as praying, listening, meeting needs, and encouraging and even challenging one another as needed.
Five Marks of a Healthy Group
For our group to be healthy, we need to:
1) Focus on spiritual growth as a top priority (Romans 8:29);
2) Accept one another in love just as Christ has accepted us (Romans 15:7);
3) Take care of one another in love without crossing over the line into parenting or taking inappropriate responsibility for solving the problems of others (John 13:34);
4) Treat one another with respect in both speech and action (Ephesians 4:25-5:2);
5) Keep our commitments to the group including attending regularly, doing the homework, and keeping confidences whenever requested (Psalm 15:1 -- 2, 4b).
Guidelines and Covenant
We will meet on _____________ nights for _____________ weeks. Our final meeting of the quarter will be on _____________.
We will arrive between _____________ and _____________ and begin the meeting at _____________. We’ll spend approximately ___ minutes in study/discussion and ___ minutes in prayer/sharing.
Each group is responsible for arranging child care for their children. Nursing newborns are welcome, provided they are not a distraction to the group.
Each week, we’ll study the same topic(s) covered in the previous Sunday’s sermon.
Our groups will be praying each week for one another and specific mission requests.
6. Homework & Attendance
Joining a Life Group requires a commitment to attend each week and do the homework ahead of time. Obviously, allowances are made for sickness, vacation, work conflicts, and other special events. This commitment is key to our group being a healthy group.
9. Missional Outreaches
We agree together in Christ to honor this covenant.
1. _______________________ 7. _______________________
2. _______________________ 8. _______________________
3. _______________________ 9. _______________________
4. _______________________ 10. ______________________
5. _______________________ 11. ______________________
6. _______________________ 12. ______________________